- Do I have to have a disability to enter the film challenge?
- How do I enter the film challenge?
- What is the assigned genre/theme for this year’s film challenge?
- What are the rules?
- Can I submit a previously produced film?
- What if I have trouble exporting or uploading my film and, as a result, will I miss the submission deadline?
- How do I register for the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge?
- How do I upload my completed film?
- Can I just upload my completed film to FilmFreeway?
- I’m having trouble registering for the film challenge at FilmFreeway. What do I do?
- I’m having trouble uploading my completed film to Vimeo. What do I do?
- I’m having trouble editing my FilmFreeway account “EDFC Entry” after uploading my film to Vimeo. What do I do?
Do I have to have a disability to enter the film challenge?
No, you do not need to have a disability to enter the challenge. However, you are strongly encouraged to collaborate with an actor, writer, director, producer, and/or crew member with a disability.
What is the assigned genre/theme for this year’s film challenge?
The assigned genre/theme, story elements, props and locations, will be announced at the start of the weekend-long film challenge. Refer to this year’s calendar for specific dates. As an example, this is the assignment from 2016’s challenge:
Required props: Clipboard, floss, and hand sanitizer
Location options: Park, living room, or driveway
Can I submit a previously produced film?
No. All films must be written, produced and edited only throughout the duration of this year’s challenge weekend. No previously filmed content, including stock footage, may be included in your entry.
What if I have trouble exporting or uploading my film and, as a result, will I miss the submission deadline?
Exceptions may be made for your submission deadline if technical issues are encountered during the uploading process. Don’t panic, we are understanding and here to work with you on getting your submission into our system. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the contest weekend to alert us of your situation and ask for technical support.
How do I register for the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge?
- Create an account at FilmFreeway.com or log into your existing account.
- Create a placeholder project titled, “EDFC Entry.” You won’t have to fill in any of the other fields or upload any film or additional content at this point. You’ll return to this project after you’ve completed your challenge film.
- Upon completing your film, visit the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge FilmFreeway page by clicking this link or selecting “Browse Festivals” on FilmFreeway.com and typing “Easterseals Disability Film Challenge” in the search box.
- Click the green “Submit Now” button and then select your “EDFC Entry” project from the dropdown menu.
- Once you have selected your project you can click “Add to Cart and Checkout.”
- At this point you will be prompted to enter payment information and / or enter your discount waiver code if applicable.
- You may then proceed to the next screen and click “Complete Submission.”
- Congratulations, if you have followed the above steps correctly you have just registered for The Easterseals Disability Film Challenge!
- Keep your eyes peeled for future updates via email from the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge for future updates.
How do I upload my completed film?
Once you are finished capturing and editing your film:
- Create a new account or log into your existing Vimeo account and upload your film.
- Edit the settings of the video to make it downloadable. Please do not password protect your project.
- Log into your FilmFreeway account
- Click on “My Projects” on the top of the website page
- Edit your “EDFC Entry” project
- Rename the project to your film’s title
- Enter a brief synopsis of the film
- Copy and paste your film’s downloadable Vimeo URL into the website field
- While you are free to enter additional information, there is no need to complete all of the voluntary fields in the form
- Click “save project” at the bottom of the page
- Remember to email your signed releases and certification statement to email@example.com
Can I just upload my completed film to FilmFreeway?
No, please upload your video to Vimeo rather than uploading it directly to FilmFreeway. There is an option to link to your Vimeo.com video on FilmFreeway. Further down on this FAQ page we address this in more detail.
I’m having trouble editing my FilmFreeway account “EDFC Entry” after uploading my film to Vimeo. What do I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the problem you are encountering.