- Can I submit a previously produced film?
- Do I have to have a disability to enter the film challenge?
- How do I enter the film challenge?
- What is the assigned genre/theme for this year’s film challenge?
- What are the rules?
- What if I have trouble exporting or uploading my film and, as a result, will I miss the submission deadline?
- How do I register for the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge?
- What do I need to do on the FilmFreeway website?
- Can I just upload my completed film to FilmFreeway?
- How do I upload my completed film?
- I’m having trouble registering for the film challenge at FilmFreeway. What do I do?
- I’m having trouble uploading my completed film to Vimeo. What do I do?
- I’m having trouble editing my FilmFreeway account “EDFC Entry” after uploading my film to Vimeo What do I do?
No. All films must be written, produced and edited only throughout the duration of this year’s challenge weekend. No previously filmed content, including stock footage, may be included in your entry. Do I have to have a disability to enter the film challenge?
No, you do not need to have a disability to enter the challenge. However, you are strongly encouraged to collaborate with an actor, writer, director, producer, and/or crew member with a disability. How do I enter the film challenge?
Follow the steps on our challenge page to join the challenge: https://disabilityfilmchallenge.com/challenge/ What is the assigned genre/theme for this year’s film challenge?
Your challenge genre, theme & location will be emailed to you a few days in advance of the challenge weekend. The full assignment will be provided when the challenge launches. Refer to this year’s calendar for specific dates. Visit our Past Challenges page for previous assignment examples. For some helpful videos about crafting a story for your short film visit Make Your Film.
What are the rules?
Exceptions may be made for your submission deadline if technical issues are encountered during the uploading process. Don’t panic, we are understanding and here to work with you on getting your submission into our system. Please send an email to email@example.com during the contest weekend to alert us of your situation and ask for technical support.
Follow the Film Challenge steps here and you will be registered in no time! What do I need to do on the FilmFreeway website?
After filling out your information form for Easterseals, you will be directed to the FilmFreeway website.
FilmFreeway.com is an online service that hosts film competitions. Before you begin work on your film, you’ll need to create a placeholder account on Film Freeway and pay the fee for your registration.
Steps to register your future film challenge project at FilmFreeway.com:
- Create an account at FilmFreeway.com or log into your existing account.
- Create a placeholder project titled, “EDFC Entry.” (You won’t have to fill in any of the other fields or upload any film or additional content until after you’ve completed your film at the end of the weekend).
- After creating your “EDFC Entry” placeholder, visit the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge FilmFreeway page by clicking this link (new window) or selecting “Browse Festivals” on FilmFreeway.com and typing “Easterseals Disability Film Challenge” in the search box.
- Click the green “Submit Now” button and then select your “EDFC Entry” project from the dropdown menu.
- Once you have selected your project you can click “Add to Cart and Checkout.”
- Enter payment information and / or enter your discount waiver code if applicable.
- Proceed to the next screen and click “Complete Submission.”
- Continue through steps 3-6 on the film challenge website
Congratulations, if you have followed the above steps correctly you have just registered for The Easterseals Disability Film Challenge!
Keep your eyes peeled for future updates via email from the Easterseals Disability Film Challenge.
No, please upload your video to Vimeo rather than uploading it directly to FilmFreeway. You will then add your Vimeo.com video link to FilmFreeway. See below for more detail. How do I upload my completed film?
Once you are finished capturing and editing your film at the end of the film challenge weekend:
- Create a new account or log into your existing Vimeo account and upload your film.
- Edit the settings of the video to make it downloadable. Please do not password protect your project.
- Log into your FilmFreeway account
- Click on “My Projects” on the top of the website page
- Edit your “EDFC Entry” project
- Rename the project to your film’s title
- Enter a brief synopsis of the film
- Copy and paste your film’s downloadable Vimeo URL into the website field
- While you are free to enter additional information, there is no need to complete all of the voluntary fields in the form
- Click “save project” at the bottom of the page
- Remember to email your signed releases and certification statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com and describe the problem you are encountering. I’m having trouble uploading my completed film to Vimeo. What do I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the problem you are encountering. I’m having trouble editing my FilmFreeway account “EDFC Entry” after uploading my film to Vimeo. What do I do?
Please email email@example.com and describe the problem you are encountering.